Preparation of the plaice
- Cut the skin and fins from the plaice.
- Then remove the skin.
- Tip: Use a cloth to adhere to the skin more easily.
- Lift the fillets. Keep the bones to make the base of the sauce (fish stock)
Preparation of the fish stock
- Disgorging the edges for 1 / 2h.
- In a saucepan, add oil and brown the bones and the head. Add the saffron, cover with water, heat everything. Then skim.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and mix. Reserve.
- Pass the base of the sauce through a colander, then incorporate it into the butter flour mixture. Mix, salt. Bind the mixture, add a little saffron and pepper
The chef’s tip: add a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar to bring out more the taste of the plaice.
Preparation of vegetables
- Peel and mince the onions then spread them out at the bottom of the dish. Add oil and salt.
- Cut the fennel stems and cut it into a brunoise.
- Cover the onions with the fennel, oil and salt again.
- Cut the zucchini into strips. Arrange the hard layers of fennel and onion, oil and salt.
- Put everything in the oven for 45 min at 160 °C
Cooking of the fish
- Take the vegetables out of the oven, add the fillets, cover with the stock, pepper.
- Put the dish in the even (turned off but still hot) until serving (about 15).